الخميس، 3 سبتمبر 2020

Renal failure patients’ lives in jeopardy

A.D. is a 32-year-old man who has been battling kidney disease for a decade told Al Mezan:

“I live with 11 family members. I don’t work because of my health condition as I’ve been suffering from kidney disease since 2010. On 5 May 2018, I had my first dialysis session at Al Shifa Hospital in Gaza City. My health deteriorated and doctors had to increase the dialysis sessions to four times a week. Following the outbreak of COVID-19 and the ensuing lockdown, I heard that the Ministry of Health would secure transportation of patients with renal failure via ambulances from their homes to hospitals. I tried to contact the Ministry and other ambulance services but to no avail. I had a dialysis session on Wednesday 26 August 2020 and had to go on foot to the hospital to receive the treatment; I was barely able to walk. The next day, someone drove me to hospital. I don’t know if I’ll able to walk to the hospital for the next sessions.”

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق